VGA VAX battery upgrade

Her kan du skrive med andre om elektriske scootere.
Brugeravatar
Landbo
11. Rang
11. Rang
Scootere: GEV1000 45 Km/h
Geografisk sted: Thy

Re: VGA VAX battery upgrade

Ulæst indlæg af Landbo »

Langca skrev: 1. november 2023 17:04 Another thing, currently I am having problems with the rear wheel of the scooter. It's a bit difficult to explain, but you can imagine that normally if you use your hand to spin the wheel, it will spin a few times, but my wheel stops as soon as I release my hand, and I also have to use quite a bit of force to spin it. I guess it's the reason the battery drains much faster. Because in September, I can run more than 53km per charge, but the temperature at this time is not too cold but it only runs about 32km. I replaced the brake pads, but it's still the same
It is either the brake that hangs a little or your rear wheel bearings are defective. If I remember correctly, there are drum brakes on your VGA VAX. The most simple mistake will be that you have tightened the brake cable too much or that the inner cable runs hard, perhaps because it has been pinched. Another possible fault on the rear brake is the shaft that goes from the arm where you put your brake cable in and through the anchor plate, which can rust so much that the springs above the brake shoes cannot lift them and the brake cable to neutral position when you release the rear brake. The cure here is usually WD40 and regular engine olie, when the axle has come loose, you remove the brake cable and wiggle the brake arm back and forth.

If it is the bearings in the rear wheel that are defective, you can usually feel it when there is lateral play in the wheel. You should be very careful when removing the rear wheel as the wires to the motor go through the axle and they are very fragile. Perhaps it would be an idea for you to seek professional help for changing the bearing in the rear wheel.

Regards Leif.
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang
Scootere: Vga vax

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

scootergrisen skrev: 1. november 2023 17:46 250 x 190 x 158 cm :yikes: that's a big one.
But I'm guessing you mean mm not cm.
Which sounds good but you also need to know where the connector is location.

Better check the maximum charge current before you buy a 12 og 15 ampere charger.
I think I investigated that 12 ampere was the highest current charger i wanted.
Seems the battery last longer th slower you charger.
Also might be nice to have a waterproof charger in you want to use it outside.

If you think 14 kg is heavy you should see what the 3 wheel cabin scooters with lead acid batteries carry around.
But yeah if you have you remove the battery and carry it up stairs in one arm each time you have to charge its heavy.
So hopefully you have a setup where you primarily charge so you dont have to remove the battery each time you want to charge it.

Create a new topic about the read wheel and we can talk about it there.
Sorry my bad, I mean mm :D
Thank you for mentioning the connector location. If you install the connector in a different direction than the original battery, it will not connect to the scooter's discharge wire. I didn't pay attention.
Maybe I have to find 12A maximum charger, The seller said that 15A or more will damage the battery in the long term. So 12A is better choice.
The cell is SK 45Ah, I never heard about it.
I live in a not-new apartment building, and most buildings don't have outside outlets or underground garages, so I have to carry the battery up the stairs, into the room, and charge it.
This is the almost last information. I just ask them to fix the charging connector to a normal one like the charger I'm using because we can't find any charger with Chogori port.
Vedhæftede filer
IMG_20231103_153805.jpg
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang
Scootere: Vga vax

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

Landbo skrev: 1. november 2023 18:15
Langca skrev: 1. november 2023 17:04 Another thing, currently I am having problems with the rear wheel of the scooter. It's a bit difficult to explain, but you can imagine that normally if you use your hand to spin the wheel, it will spin a few times, but my wheel stops as soon as I release my hand, and I also have to use quite a bit of force to spin it. I guess it's the reason the battery drains much faster. Because in September, I can run more than 53km per charge, but the temperature at this time is not too cold but it only runs about 32km. I replaced the brake pads, but it's still the same
It is either the brake that hangs a little or your rear wheel bearings are defective. If I remember correctly, there are drum brakes on your VGA VAX. The most simple mistake will be that you have tightened the brake cable too much or that the inner cable runs hard, perhaps because it has been pinched. Another possible fault on the rear brake is the shaft that goes from the arm where you put your brake cable in and through the anchor plate, which can rust so much that the springs above the brake shoes cannot lift them and the brake cable to neutral position when you release the rear brake. The cure here is usually WD40 and regular engine olie, when the axle has come loose, you remove the brake cable and wiggle the brake arm back and forth.

If it is the bearings in the rear wheel that are defective, you can usually feel it when there is lateral play in the wheel. You should be very careful when removing the rear wheel as the wires to the motor go through the axle and they are very fragile. Perhaps it would be an idea for you to seek professional help for changing the bearing in the rear wheel.

Regards Leif.
Thank you, even though there were many words I couldn't fully understand.
As you said, the rear brake of the VGA VAX is a drum brake. The problem is probably not the brakes. Because before that I was still riding up to a distance of 50km and after coming back from a 1 month vacation (I brought the key with me so I'm pretty sure no one used the scooter) it was quite difficult to push or move scooter by hands. And it runs only up to 32km Then I asked my friend to replace the brake pad with another one but no change.
I have a chat with Thansen and they booked me an appointment on.. November 30
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

Ulæst indlæg af scootergrisen »

Maybe its lithium polymer cells or prismatic cells.
But if you cant even get the information why buy it.
Brugeravatar
Landbo
11. Rang
11. Rang
Scootere: GEV1000 45 Km/h
Geografisk sted: Thy

Ulæst indlæg af Landbo »

Langca skrev: 3. november 2023 15:54
Landbo skrev: 1. november 2023 18:15

Regards Leif.
Thank you, even though there were many words I couldn't fully understand.
As you said, the rear brake of the VGA VAX is a drum brake. The problem is probably not the brakes. Because before that I was still riding up to a distance of 50km and after coming back from a 1 month vacation (I brought the key with me so I'm pretty sure no one used the scooter) it was quite difficult to push or move scooter by hands. And it runs only up to 32km Then I asked my friend to replace the brake pad with another one but no change.
I have a chat with Thansen and they booked me an appointment on.. November 30
:yikes: An agreement with T. Hansen on 30 November, you must be a very rich and patient man !!!! :mrgreen:

The fault with the brakes is typically something that happens when the vehicle is stationary for a long time and not when it is used every day.

Regards Leif.
Besvar