VGA VAX battery upgrade

Her kan du skrive med andre om elektriske scootere.
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang
Scootere: Vga vax

Re: VGA VAX battery upgrade

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

scootergrisen skrev: 20. oktober 2023 17:42 Maybe like so.
battery_modified.jpg
The seller didn't mention the Chogori connector in the link, so if they don't make it, do you have any ideas on how to connect the Chogori connector to the battery?
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

Ulæst indlæg af scootergrisen »

You can buy the Chogori and P connectors separately.
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

scootergrisen skrev: 21. oktober 2023 13:27 You can buy the Chogori and P connectors separately.
i think this is what i need to convert the yellow battery connector to the chogori connector
Vedhæftede filer
Screenshot_2023-10-21-14-36-55-820_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-21-14-34-26-921_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

That would be great if you can get a connector like that so you don't have to modify the battery and dont have to modify the vehicle and dont have to solder live wires.
Or ask them if they sell batteries with Chogori connector.
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

Charging Current: <5 Amps
Less than 5 ampere.
So you cant even use the 5 ampere charger included with the vehicle.

I'm guessing the charger included with the battery is 2 or 3 ampere.
And if you are going to charge the 48 volt 50 Ah battery with a 2,5 ampere charger im guessing it will take around 24 hours.
That might be a problem if you expect to use the scooter with the 50 Ah battery daily.

But the charger included might not have a fan so at least you dont have to listen to a fan for 24 hours.
Brugeravatar
Landbo
11. Rang
11. Rang
Scootere: GEV1000 45 Km/h
Geografisk sted: Thy

Ulæst indlæg af Landbo »

Langca skrev: 21. oktober 2023 11:44
Yes, that's the issue that worries me the most. I don't know if I can use the new battery directly or if I have to use the exact bms from the old battery pack. If so, I will have to find someone who is good at electricity and ask them to solder the new battery to the old bms.

I don't use 18650 battery cells because if I double the capacity to 50ah, I guess the 18650 battery pack will take up a lot of space compared to the 21700 battery
Yes, it is of course an option to use the original BMS to connect a China battery to your VGA VAX that way. However, you must be aware that you may have difficulty having a 50 AmpH where the old battery is stored on the scooter.

I don't think you can get more capacity with 21700 cells compared to the space that 18650 takes up. I thought you would use the old battery box to protect your cells and I could imagine you could run into problems with the 21700 cells.

Regards, Leif.
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

You want one big battery with large capacity under the seat.
Ok but that might not happen unless its specially made for the dimensions under the seat.

Instead you can get more than one battery.
Bring one battery for short rides and two batteries for long rides.
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

Yesterday I had a chat with Chamrider, and they were able to provide me with a complete battery box, stainless steel case, discharge plug is Chogori. Since the size they offered might not fit the scooter's battery tray, I asked them for another size, and they were able to provide a 250 x190x158cm box. I'm also asking if they can provide a charger with 12 or 15A current? 14kg, pretty heavy right? I'm excited to see how things going on.
I will skip buying a new battery and put it in the old bms as chatgpt replied that the old bms may not be compatible with the new battery. But it is good that they can provide a complete battery box
Vedhæftede filer
Screenshot_2023-11-01-16-34-23-553_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
Brugeravatar
Langca
2. Rang
2. Rang

Ulæst indlæg af Langca »

Another thing, currently I am having problems with the rear wheel of the scooter. It's a bit difficult to explain, but you can imagine that normally if you use your hand to spin the wheel, it will spin a few times, but my wheel stops as soon as I release my hand, and I also have to use quite a bit of force to spin it. I guess it's the reason the battery drains much faster. Because in September, I can run more than 53km per charge, but the temperature at this time is not too cold but it only runs about 32km. I replaced the brake pads, but it's still the same
scootergrisen
15. Rang
15. Rang

250 x 190 x 158 cm :yikes: that's a big one.
But I'm guessing you mean mm not cm.
Which sounds good but you also need to know where the connector is location.

Better check the maximum charge current before you buy a 12 og 15 ampere charger.
I think I investigated that 12 ampere was the highest current charger i wanted.
Seems the battery last longer th slower you charger.
Also might be nice to have a waterproof charger in you want to use it outside.

If you think 14 kg is heavy you should see what the 3 wheel cabin scooters with lead acid batteries carry around.
But yeah if you have you remove the battery and carry it up stairs in one arm each time you have to charge its heavy.
So hopefully you have a setup where you primarily charge so you dont have to remove the battery each time you want to charge it.

Create a new topic about the read wheel and we can talk about it there.
Besvar